Before transport, we advise that you prepare to ensure a trouble free trip.
We advise that you carry out the following list below(If you prefer to book our services we can complete the list on your behalf)
- 1) Disconnect/Isolate batteries.
- 2) Check and turn off all water and fuel tank valves.
- 3) Remove any flammable substances - paints, thinners etc...
- 4) Close and secure all windows and hatches.
- 5) Close drawers and cupboards.
- 6) Store and/or secure all loose items. (Internal/External)
- 7) Remove and store ropes, fenders, life-rings etc.
- 8) Remove canopies.
- 9) Lower or remove any antennas or radar arches.
- 10) Tilt up outdrive units for loading.
- 11) Mast rigging and cabling must be removed or securely attached to the mast. Any wind instruments/Nav lights must be removed. Bottle screws should all be removed and stored safely on board.
For boats travelling to or from France/Spain, we will require the original documents for the vessel, which we will also photocopy (for customs purposes). These documents are; Registration papers or SSR certificate. For boats travelling to or from France/Spain, we will require the original documents for the vessel, which we will also photocopy (for customs purposes).
These documents are; Registration papers or SSR certificate. Insurance (also translated into Spanish if boat is going to Spain, your insurance provider will source this for you). VAT status (i.e. bill of sale or original purchase receipt showing that vat has been paid on the purchase of the boat).
We will also fill out an 'International consignment note, or CMR note upon collection, this is a legal requirement for all European journeys.
Our driver will check over the boat to ensure safety whilst being transported, and will visually inspect the hull, topsides and drive gear for condition, and produce a report before the boat is loaded, which is to be signed by the customer or customers representative. The same check will be carried out at the arrival point, where again, the report will be signed by the driver and the customer. This ensures maximum safety for both you, the customer and for us, in the unlikely event of any damage occurring. We are fully Insured and are members of the Road Haulage Association, ensuring quality and safety.